Posted on March 17th, 2020 by Dream Spa
In the interest of safety and concern, we are electing to close our spa & salon temporarily due to COVID-19.
We will attempt to update our website to reflect any changes on a continuous basis, as our communication with you, our loyal supporters of 20 years, is of utmost importance.
You are all in our thoughts during this trying time. We look forward to emerging from this stronger than ever, with the goal of continuing to be your beauty and wellness resource.
Please assume that any appointments that are on our calendar through 3/31/20 will be frozen for the time being…any confirmation communications that are automatically sent should stop however, if you get any from us, please disregard them.
We will not be returning calls unless there is an urgent need, as we are minimizing our administrative staff as a necessary precaution.
We recognize that these are very challenging times and we are hoping that we all stay healthy and safe in the days to come.
Please take good care and stay in touch with us here and @dreamspasalon for updates.
Lori Dodd and the entire Dream Team
Posted on March 13th, 2020 by Dream Spa
Dear Clients of Dream Spa & Salon,
With mounting concerns over the coronavirus (COVID-19), I wanted to share with you what we at Dream Spa & Salon are doing to safeguard the health of our business, our clients and our staff.
- We are screening all of our booking calls to ensure that our clients do not have cold or flu symptoms of contagious illness that may put our clients or staff at risk.
- We kindly ask all of our clients who are currently booked, that if you are experiencing any cold or flu symptoms to call to cancel or reschedule your appointments to avoid the spread of illness to other clients and our staff. Same day cancellations due to illness will not be subject to our cancellation policy.
- Any staff member with cold and flu symptoms have been asked to stay home until they are symptom free.
- In between our services, and as an ongoing general spa policy, we are disinfecting our rooms, tools and equipment with EPA approved hospital grade cleaner and bleach, which has been shown to be effective against multiple viruses and bacteria. In addition, we use sanitizing equipment on all tools we use to conduct our services.
- We will be encouraging the use of credit cards for transactions. If money must be used, we will be sanitizing our hands after use, with approved sanitizers.
- We are taking extra care to wipe down door handles, push bars and other surfaces throughout the day.
- All of our spa staff are sanitizing equipment throughout the day.
- Antibacterial dispensers are also available in each area of our business for our clients and staff to use.
We are following all recommendations from the CDC and the Connecticut Department of Health regarding preparedness and prevention and we will cooperate with all federal, state, and town directives regarding public safety. For a thorough portal of information for local, state, federal and WHO announcements regarding the coronavirus, please visit the Westport Weston Health District Website at www.wwhd.org.
We urge you to follow CDC guidelines:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, following the CDC guidelines for hand washing.
- Stay home when you are sick or any family member is sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, immediately throw the tissue in the trash, and wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, clean your hands with a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using CDC recommended household disinfectant cleaning sprays or wipes.
- Follow the CDC’s recommendations for using a face mask only when you have symptoms of illness.
- Individuals who have traveled from mainland China, South Korea, Italy, Iran or other CDC Level 3 Travel Warning locations, must self-isolate.
At this time, our spa and salon services and business operations are continuing without interruption. We will continue to monitor this situation and provide updates as often as necessary. In the meantime, if you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us at 203-454-3454.
Thank you for your understanding and advanced cooperation of all our policies, and state and federal guidelines. We realize this situation is in constant flux and we will update our clients as regularly as possible.
Yours in beauty & wellness,
Owner & Founder
Dream Spa & Salon